E-liquids is a vital part of vaping. There are thousands of brands and flavors, from local or imported, from US or Malaysia. Have you ever wondered what’s contained in the e-liquids while enjoying the clouds and flavors? And how to make the e-liquids so different and multi-flavor? You will find all the answers after reading this article.
In general, e-liquids consists of 5 main ingredients: PG(propylene glycol), VG(Vegetable Glycerine), Essence, Nicotine, and Additives.
1. PG(Propylene Glycol) is hygroscopic, achromatic, and odorless but slight sweetness, high in fluidity. It is commonly used in medicine and food. FDA affirmed it as “Generally Recognised as Safe”, though some say it is mildly toxic. PG is mainly used as the carrier of essences and increase the flavor. A few steam would be existing after vaporization, which brings a certain level of throat hit. It can also be used to dilute VG for better conduction.
There is still a possibility that side-effects would occur, such as discomfort in the throat, phlegm-my, and/or worst allergy. These only mildly lasts a short while, and it will stop as long as you stop vaping or change a lower level/none PG w-juice. High PG e-liquids is thicker in fluidity and flavor, but lack of throat hit and clouds.
2. VG(Vegetable Glycerine) is also a commonly used supplement. If you have it by your side now, please check on the cosmetics, food, and booze, especially in sweets, I believe the PG and VG won’t be missed again.
After heating, VG will be vaporized into big clouds. Cloud chasers and dripper users know it all about adding VG in made liquids to create bigger clouds. VG is high in hygroscopic and lack of fluidity. Usually, a high VG level e-juice is big in the cloud, and lack of flavor and throat hit.
3. Flavoring is an essential part of the e-liquids, which can be said as the soul of it. Flavoring defines what flavor the e-juice delivers. It matters of the combination and ratio, the more special it is, the more complex it can be. Some flavor of the essence, for example, mint, would also have a strong throat hit.
4. The function of nicotine is to ease the desire of smoking and create a throat hit, plus increase the texture of e-liquids. People believe that nicotine is the devil on earth, take it as a lethal toxic. In fact, it is nicotine SOLUTION which is put in the e-liquids, not the pure ones. For hundreds of years, nicotine is connected to death and cancer, which now caught much attention than it should have. Many scientists have stood out to clear its reputation, pointed out that it is the tar, carbon monoxide, and more than 4,000 poisonous even radioactive materials caused by burning tobacco leaves.
The harm which nicotine would leave on the body should not be neglected. It’s for the best to lower the level of nicotine, get rid of it as soon as possible. The higher it is, the stronger the throat hit is. It might cause stomach-ache and/or headache. So if you are having the symptoms above, cut the nicotine. Most people are using 6mg/ml level of e-liquids, perfectly suits the needs, and delivers the right punch of throat hit.
5. Additives contain edulcorant, acids, soother, and deionized water, etc. Their function is to change the texture and make up the essence. Some flavor comes with inevitable bitterness and sourness, edulcorant should be able to neutralize it. Deionized water is used to delute VG. The thickness is preventing drippers to heat, therefore needs it to balance the pure VG ratio and increase fluidity. However, purified water, mineral water, and tap water are not allowed to be in e-liquids. The ions will be causing short-circuit to the wick, which would heavily damage the equipment.
The best e-liquids should fit the food level, which means can be used directly in foods. Some foreign e-liquids even needs to be FDA approved harmless before launch. Hence, buying e-liquids should go to a legit store and shop for big brands. Those cheap ones might be made in a shady workshop, unhygienic and poisonous.
If you’ve read every word and et here, I believe you already have a brief knowledge about e-liquids. Legit brands are using food level materials, with high-security standard. The ingredients are commonly used in daily life, cosmetics, food, and sweets. Furthermore, it helps with choosing the right e-liquids for vaping.